Crosshairs Firearm TrainingBasic Pistol Class: (LTC-002)
In this 5½ hour course the student will learn the following skills and more:
- Review the rules for safe firearm handling
- Firearm parts and operation, pistols and revolvers
- Different ammunition and its best particle uses
- Shooting fundamentals, stances, sighting, breathing, trigger squeeze, follow through
- How to select, clean and store a firearm and ammunition
- Review of various activities available to help participants develop and improve their shooting skills
- Overview of the Massachusetts Firearm Law that was enacted on October 21, 1998.
- Shoot / don't shoot...when to use lethal force when to walk away
GREAT NEWS!!! We are now using state-of-the-art LASER Training techniques in our Basic Pistol Class.
This allows us to offer the safest methods to training while still using real firearms in classroom exercises. PLUS...being an authorized seller of the LASER Ammunition and LASER Targets that you'll use in this class, we can sell these items too!
The NRA has changed the training criteria into a two part platform. You first need to sign up for the online blended learning portion of the training done here, then sign up for the classroom portion of the training which can be done here.
NEXT COURSE: Please note, due to recent changes in the method that the NRA has adopted, namely Blended Learning, where the student takes part of the Basic Pistol Class online through the NRA then takes part II of the class from a certified firearm instructor, like ourselves. However, because this class DOES NOT meet the minimum requirements for Massachusetts, we are no longer offering this course as required by the Massachusetts State Police.
Our Home Safety Class DOES meet those requirements and you can find more information here, Home Safety Class
Have questions or comments or sign up here now and take the next NRA Basic Pistol Class to begin the process.
The Basic Pistol Class will require 5 hours.
Please allot enough time in your schedule to complete the entire course. No refunds and/or certificate will be issued for any class that you cannot participate in the entire class!
We are now accepting credit card payments using Square!! The secure payment method for modern business. Made for mobile!
* LTC-002, LTC-007, FID-001 are course numbers from Mass General Law Chapter 140, § 131P and 515CMR 3.00