Crosshairs Firearm Training

Crosshairs Firearm Training

NRA Certified Instructor

Haverhill MA. 01832


Your home is your castle...protect it!

Crosshairs Firearm Training


The new law creates two types of licenses to carry (LTC):
CLASS 'A' LTC: Permits the purchase, possession and carrying of all ammunition, handguns, rifles, shotguns and feeding devices (large capacity for law enforcement and active military personal ONLY!!). This is the only license that allows the carrying of handguns-either loaded or unloaded concealed or while in an automobile.
Persons with a Class 'A' LTC can now also purchase tasers and stun guns, although they are treated like firearms, they must be registered.

CLASS 'B' LTC: The Class 'B' license has been discontinued and is replaced by the Class 'A' license with restrictions.
Definition of Large Capacity Weapon
A weapon is large capacity if it is a semi-automatic handgun or rifle that is capable of accepting (or readily modifiable to accept) any detachable large capacity feeding device that holds more than ten rounds, OR if it is a shotgun capable of accepting more than five shotgun shells, OR if it is an assault weapon.
NOTE: A .22 caliber rifle with a fixed tubular magazine is not considered large capacity.
Class 'A' License to Carry (LTC) Information
Your current LTC will be valid until its stated expiration date. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older to obtain a Class 'A' license. New applicants must complete a Mass. Certified Firearms Safety Course or a Basic Hunter Education Course. Class 'A' LTC cost $100.00 and is valid for at least 5 years but not more than 6 years.
Firearms Identification (FID) Cards:
The new FID card permits the purchase, possession and carrying of NON-LARGE CAPACITY RIFLES, SHOTGUNS and AMMUNITION ONLY. You must be at least 18 years old (or 15 - 17 years old with parental consent) to apply for an FID card. The fee for an FID card is $100.00 and it is valid for 6 years. New applicants must complete a Mass. approved firearms safety course or a Basic Hunter Education Course. There is no longer a permit requirement to purchase pepper spray or mace but you must be over 18 to purchase.

Check MassWildlife for more information.

My site is Eco Friendly!